How to Join
Thank you for considering membership with the Manitoba Library Association. MLA membership is open to everyone in Manitoba and represents all types of libraries and information services, their employees, and all Manitoba citizens.
If you would like to join MLA, please submit your membership payment through the PayPal links below and complete the linked webform, or fill out the MLA Membership Application form (attached below) and mail it to our office with payment. Please note: delays of 6-8 weeks can apply to processing memberships via paper form and Visa or cheque.
Benefits of Membership
- Run for a position on the MLA Executive or serve on committees
- Attend a bi-annual Manitoba Libraries Conference with great presentations and speakers at a reduced rate
- Contribute to and influence MLA's advocacy work
- Join the MLA-NEWS listserv to stay up-to-date on professional issues
- Vote at MLA’s Annual General Meeting
- Network with other library and information service providers throughout the province
- Partnership benefits - click here to view additional benefits given to MLA Members by the Partnership.
Membership Categories and Costs
The two categories of MLA membership are Personal and Institutional.
|Student; Unemployed; Retired||$10.00|
|Annual Salary under $30 000||$25.00|
|Annual Salary between $30 000 - $40 000||$30.00|
|Annual Salary over $40 000||$55.00|
|Operating budget under $100 000||$50.00|
|Operating budget between $100 000 - $1 million||$150.00|
|Operating budget over $1 million||$350.00|
How to Renew Membership
To renew your membership, please submit your membership payment through the PayPal links below and complete the linked webform, or fill out the MLA Membership Application form (attached below) and mail it to our office with payment.
Membership Online Processing
Click the appropriate option below to be taken to a Manitoba Libraries Association registration page, where you will submit your complete membership information to our Membership Director via a standard form. After completing the form, please process your payment via the PayPal button on the confirmation screen.
To donate to the Manitoba Libraries Association, CM: Canadian Review of Materials, MLA Indigenous Interest Group, or the MLA Prison Library Committee, click the donation button below and specify the group your donation is directed to in the PayPal field labelled "Donation directed to:". Donations without donation directions will be added to the MLA general donation pool.