MLA Membership Info
Read about how to join MLA, the benefits of MLA membership, the categories and costs of membership, and how members can renew their membership.
Thank you for considering membership with the Manitoba Library Association. MLA membership is open to everyone in Manitoba and represents all types of libraries and information services, their employees, and all Manitoba citizens.
How to join MLA and become a member:
If you would like to join MLA, please use this online registration form. After you have completed the online form and logged into the website, you will be able to print a copy of your application and mail it to us with payment. (You can also fill in this blank form and mail it in to us: http://mla.mb.ca/pdf-and-documents/Membership_Form_2009).
Read more about:
With MLA Membership, you can:
- Run for a position on the MLA Executive or serve on committees;
- Attend a bi-annual Manitoba Libraries Conference with great presentations and speakers at a reduced rate.
- Contribute to and influence MLA's advocacy work. For example, a 2008-2009 advocacy project included having libraries included in the Province's Adult Literacy Strategy; for more information, go to http://mla.mb.ca/news/what-we-heard-the-literacy-strategy-report-is-in.
- Log in to the MLA Portal at http://mla.mb.ca and view MLA Executive meeting minutes and other documents, add comments to news postings, and maintain your contact information with us;
- Join the MLA-NEWS listserv, with news of workshops, and courses through the Education Institute;
- Vote at MLA’s Annual General Meeting;
- Interact with individuals involved in the library and information services field throughout the province;
- Stay up-to-date on professional issues.
The two categories of MLA membership are Personal and Institutional.
|Student; Unemployed; Retired||$ 10.00|
|Annual salary under $30,000||$ 25.00|
|Annual salary $30,000 - $40,000||$ 40.00|
|Annual salary over $40,000||$ 55.00|
|Operating budget under $100,000||$ 50.00|
|Operating budget $100,000 - 1 million||$ 150.00|
|Operating budget over 1 million dollars||$ 350.00|
If you are already a member of MLA, you can log in to the Members' Area to view MLA Executive meeting minutes and other documents, maintain your personal information with us, and renew your membership.
To access this area, go to http://mla.mb.ca/members-only. You can also click on Members' Area in the lefthand navigation or the member login button in the top righthand corner of the website. You will then be prompted to log in with your username and password provided to you by MLA's Membership Director (Gail Matheson).
- To renew your membership, click on membership form in the upper righthand corner of the page. You can print this membership renewal form to mail to us with your payment.
- You can also fill in this blank form and mail it in to us: http://mla.mb.ca/pdf-and-documents/MLA%20Membership%20form%202.pdf
Current members can reset their password on the following page using a combination of "firstname_lastname" as their username. Click here to reset your password.
If you have any questions about MLA membership, please contact:
Membership Director - Gail Matheson
Phone: (204) 474-7064