The Manitoba Library Association is seeking a Conference Chair for the 2014 Manitoba Libraries Conference, to be held May 12-14, 2014 in Winnipeg, MB.
The Manitoba Association of Library Technicians (MALT), the Manitoba Library Association (MLA), Public Library Services (a branch of Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Tourism), the Manitoba School Library Association (MSLA), Manitoba Library Trustees Association (MLTA), Manitoba Library Consortium Inc., Manitoba Association of Health Information Providers(MAHIP) and the Association for Manitoba Archives (AMA) are pleased to announce the Manitoba Libraries Conference 2014, taking place May 12 - 14, 2014 at the Delta Hotel Winnipeg.
The Manitoba Libraries Conference provides library, information and archives professionals from across the province and from neighboring provinces and states with the opportunity to participate in an exciting learning and networking event. The conference regularly draws speakers from across the country to present on current issues and new and exciting projects happening in our institutions.
The Conference Chair is responsible for the overall planning of the conference, and oversees both the
conference and program planning processes.
• recruiting members of the Conference Planning Committee
• scheduling and chairing monthly meetings of the Planning Committee (meetings are more frequent as conference date nears);
• with the assistance of the Events Coordinator and Treasurer, ensuring that appropriate facilities are booked and contracts signed;
• ensuring that appropriate liaisons with participating Manitoba library associations are maintained;
• ensuring that all planning deadlines are met;
• scheduling and chairing a post-‐conference wrap-‐up meeting, and coordinating the writing of a final conference report to present to participating Manitoba library associations.
Time commitment is moderate to heavy in the year leading up to the conference.
This is your opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues from across Manitoba, gain valuable experience in event planning, organizing, financial management, and teamwork and give back to the library and information community.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity please contact the Manitoba Library Association at email@example.com.
- The URL to Trackback this entry is: