Call for Volunteers for the Manitoba Libraries Conference, May 18 & 19, 2023
Want to give back to your profession through a shorter-term opportunity? Want to gain new experience in coordinating events? Want to get to know other talented Manitoba library and information professionals? Volunteer with the MLA Conference, taking place virtually May 18 & 19, 2023. Many roles are available! Sign up now!
This year’s conference theme is Access and Accessibility. We hope that this theme will inspire recognition, conversation, practicable tips and understanding around access and accessibility in libraries, with specific attention to the Accessibility for Manitobans Act and Accessibility Standard for Information and Communications, as well as topics addressing access and accessibility broadly – in keeping with MLA’s commitments to equity, diversity and inclusion as a key pillar in our programming.
We are seeking volunteers for:
- Programming Committee (helping to design the program, select sessions)
- Registration Committee (helping to coordinate and support registration process)
- Technical Committee (helping to select, configure, launch conference platform)
- Sponsors Committee (helping to obtain sponsorship support for the conference, vendors and others)
- Social Programming Committee (helping to design social aspects of the virtual conference experience)
- Moderators for Sessions (helping to coordinate, welcome, manage virtual conference sessions)
- Tech Support During Conference (being available to support delegates with technical/logistical questions during conference)
- Or, other skills that you have to bring forward!
Recognizing that access and accessibility may set forth an array of applications and implications, we encourage our diverse library community to contribute to this event.
The Call for Conference Proposals also remains open, with a deadline of January 31, 2023.